72 Monte Hood Spear Emblem

72-CLASSIC_RIDE

Hey guys,

Bought a Hood Spear emblem awhile back and am asking as to what type of adhesive would provide the best bond. Of course must also be weather resistant also. It is a metallic GM licensed repop piece. Original was gone back when I purchased her.

I've looked at adhesives but these days you really can't trust the claims being made. A experienced opinion is appreciated. Kinda spendy and don't want to have to replace to often!

Much appreciated,

Doug

Hey guys,

Bought a Hood Spear emblem awhile back and am asking as to what type of adhesive would provide the best bond. Of course must also be weather resistant also. It is a metallic GM licensed repop piece. Original was gone back when I purchased her.

I've looked at adhesives but these days you really can't trust the claims being made. A experienced opinion is appreciated. Kinda spendy and don't want to have to replace to often!

Much appreciated,

Doug

be very careful Doug, my first one was toast after using 3M weatherstrip adhesive, it eat right through the coating. 3M make a plastic emblem adhesive #03601. You should be able to get it a Autozone or same, use just a little and it works great for lots of stuff....Dave

i used clear silicone and its been about a year

i was surprised that a small amount did not come with mine.

i guess they dont care if they fall off.they sell more that way!

Yeah, I at first thought there was a adhesive backing on it already. So many other things going on, I put it in the Console and practically forgot about it until recently. Heck, with adhesive included, it would likely add another $20.00 to the cost!!

Thanx guys,

Doug