Car wont Go in park???Please Help

Guest Grandchamp

I had a similar problem years ago after the car sat for a long time and I drove it again. After a couple drives, I could no longer get in low gear. I had some tranny shop look at it, but they were clueless. crazy As I recall, I ended up finding it to be a small part/bracket that connects to the horseshoe lever inside the console that was simply loose. I was able to re-adjust it and tighten it down. As suggested in one of the earlier responses, I recommend taking the top off the console and scanning the linkage attachment points, moving the lever back and forth to better spot the problem. If this is the problem, you should be able to notice that the linkage won't always be moving with the lever. I hope that's all it is. Best of luck. smile

Guest Grandchamp

Hey guys sorry it took me so long to reply i finally had time to pull my car out and take a look under it the cable on the left side of the tranny was real loose and had been rigged up to work also found out i had a massive leak coming from my front pump or the seal, therefore i took it to my local tranny shop and had them to take a further look they told me my shifter cable needed replacing and so did my front pump so i told them to go ahead and fix it they said the parts labor and everything would run around 250 it seemed like a fair price to me since they do have to drop the tranny and they are supplying the parts does this sound about right???????

Guest Grandchamp

thats what i thought too steve hopefully they'll do a good job i've dealt with them alot so maybe thats why they cut me some slack had quite a few trannys rebuilt here