Dyno numbers for the Velle

CrazyDavey

I am thinking 10.28 @ 127.61 to be exact. Davey can drive, and athough he hasnt threw the kitchen sink at it yet, that Velle will run.

Geez Davey, stock all forged bottom end? Why do I still see a 150 shot in your future, or do window nets bother you?

Andy

It's hard to believe just how much this car has changed in the past year. Dave started by asking about anti-roll bars, and now is teaching us all how to knock on the 9's door!

Awesome work Dave! Also, I LOVE that this is still your stock bottom end GM 502! Change the top end and suspension tweaks and you've turned that thing into an animal!

thanks guys, I've learned a lot here and I truly appreciate all the things you've shared with me. This is a true joy in my late stages of life and a big item on my bucket list.

I don't know how much longer I'll be able to do this so I figure I'd better get in as much as I can. Red has been a true Godsend in encourging me to do this and putting up with my manic obsession.

Never in a million years did I think the car would respond like this, but it's simple and basic, I had to keep it that way so I could understand.. grin

NOS, window nets, cages...geeezzz...I don't know, it's getting too expensive to go much faster....thanks everyone!!! Davey

...as long as NHRA will let me put my walker in the back I guess I'll keep going.... grin

When they ask where your roll cage is, you say "right here in the trunk"!

FoldingWalker.jpg

Damn Davey, don't grow old on us now. You worked your whole life to get to this point, enjoy it. It seems to all of us you have quite a few good years left in you.

And speed comes with a simple mathmatecal equation that goes like this.

HPxW(weight of car)/M(cash in hand plus available credit)

Notice age has nothing to do with it. Take it from a guy who shook Warren Johnson's wet hand while he was exiting a Portolet. That guy may be old, but he is still fast.

But as a club we encourage you to go as fast as we want you too. I see tubs and eights.

Andy

Hey Davey, where do you think your next time out will be. maybe I could drag my son with me and come check it out. Of course that would be bad because I would have to hear about my son wants to do with his Hurst Olds to make it faster.

the problem is Andy, in my head I still think I'm 26....so that gets me a lot of trouble!!! eek

Steve, if all goes well I should be at Fontana June 26/27. Let me know if you want to come out so I can let you know where we'll be..we'll be in Vegas next weekend...

thanks for the encouragment guys, I appreciate it.....Davey

Davey, most of us think you are one of the coolest mofos on the planet right now. You could spend all your time at Team Chevelle, but you choose to hang out with a better class of people.

You are going to be that 87 year young guy traveling the country doing exhibitions in your jet powered all steel Chevelle.

Andy