Dyno numbers for the Velle

CrazyDavey

After making some changes and just checking things out in general I took the motor to the engine dyno today. I think the numbers are fairly good.

I wanted a motor that worked under 6000 rpm and that's what I ended up with. Same stock GM shortblock, just checked the bearings and cylinders, everything was very good.

Added some 305 AFR heads, a Chris Straub hyd roller and a Victor Jr intake. Played with timing, jetting, power valve and carb spacers. It liked 36 degrees, 2 steps up on the jets, a 8.5 power valve and a 1 1/2" spacer....the motor was very consistent with the pulls varying only 3 tenths of one percent.... smile..Davey

scan00011.jpg

smile

shocked That is some torque monster!!! Very nice numbers and makes a butt load down low. HP numbers look really nice also! Now I know why that Velle runs like a scalded dog!!! grin

David

well I haven't run this combo yet Dave so we'll see if it improves....

DUHHHH! nutz I guess I should read the post better. I say 10.30's easy and bigger wheel stands!!!! Go get'em Davey!!!

David

thanks everyone, I'm pretty pleased with the results. It's come a long way in the last year...

No Justin, we just cleaned up the plenum a bit and put it on. The port match to the heads was right on so we just made some custom gaskets to make sure we had a full seal.

here it is hooked up to the dyno life support...

motor_on_dyno.jpg

smile

Cripes! Those are the numbers I want. 591 lbft @ 3000rpm!!

...and all done at 6000rpm. Perfect.

How crazy is that engine? I mean is it well behaved, or would you consider it streetable?

Royce it's a slightly re-worked Edelbrock Victor Jr....

Mark it is well behaved and totally streetable. Durationwise the new cam is actually smaller than the one that was in it...it's the profile design that makes it work so good....Davey