Body ID

Wts kookn fellow addicts,

I had a question, I was hoping someone would help me answer.

I was wondering how many ID tags or numbers tags a 1970 monte body has, and exacly where they are located?

I'm trying to gather as much information as possible on my monte considering I dont have the build sheet.

Another question, do they sell reproduction build sheets to match a particular car by the Vin Number?

The tag on the cowl (body tag) and the VIN tag in the windsheild. I beleive there is also a sequence number stamping which matches the VIN on the firewall behind the heater box. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Nada, some folks out there sell blanks that you can fake, but unless you can reproduce 40 years of cockroach legs and antennae, it will come across looking very fake.

Andy

Andy I've come across some org build sheets that didn't have cockroach legs and antennae, matter of fact I have a quarter of one sitting here on top of the cable box. They do sell blank build sheets, now if you have a Canada built or sold car then you can get a copy of the org. build sheet.

The tag on the cowl (body tag) and the VIN tag in the windsheild. I beleive there is also a sequence number stamping which matches the VIN on the firewall behind the heater box. Correct me if I'm wrong.

remember to avoid the ones attached with Phillips head screws..... crazy

Andy I've come across some org build sheets that didn't have cockroach legs and antennae, matter of fact I have a quarter of one sitting here on top of the cable box. They do sell blank build sheets, now if you have a Canada built or sold car then you can get a copy of the org. build sheet.

You don't get a copy of the original build sheet. You get an official GM peice of paper that lists all the options ordered on your car but it does not resemble a build sheet.