Slicks

Chevyss

I purchased a pr of slicks last month. 28x9x15 and mounted them on 15x8 steel wheels OK!!! 4.5 bs. Am I going to have anything to worry about for clearance?? Thanks in advance.

Maybe this the wrong thread. Should I be in modifiers??

I would say with a 9" wide tire you should be OK. My 245/60R15 is 26.7" tall and has a 9.65" section width. They are mounted on a 8" rime with 4.5" back spacing and do not rub.

you might have some clearance issues with the outter wheel lip.

I run 26x10's on a 15x8 with 5" b.s I believe.. and they tend to rub on the frame just a hair when I'm makign the tight u-turn at the bottom of the track.

What brand are they? The sidewall can be anywhere from 10.7" to 11.1" mounted on an 8" rim depending on which brand.

I know your wheel lip is trimmed and a 28x9x15 is a pretty skinny slick either way, you should be okay...you say you have them mounted on the rims already so put them on the car and find out... wink

I've run tires as big as 28x10x15 with a 11.7" sidewall on 15x8's with 4.5" backspacing on Red's car. I trimmed the left lip about a 1/4" just to make sure it didn't rub...I also have 26x10x15 with the same wheels and no rub on them either..Dave

Royce, is the track decent? I run the 71, the Malibu, and the 454 truck on drag radials launching all three wide open on the convertors. Running the right pressure? Mickey Drag Radials are designed for air pressure tuning based on a D compound slick. I do have a pair of slicks that would work for all, but all three vehicles are tuned to be driven to the track and them home if nothing breaks.

All I do is throw in a fresh set of plugs, watch the wideband, check the plugs and jet accordingly. I won't tow a car to the track and all three are tagged and run through full exhaust.

Slicks are for Daveys late life mid life.LOL

Andy

• 2 weeks later...