eledblrock

monte70car

Ok, then it's pretty severe. Is the engine actually stalling when it happens? I mean do you have to get in and turn the key to restart it?

Try cupping your hand over the top of the carb while the engine is running...just enough that you feel air going past it, and then try revving the engine. Try it a couple of times with your hand in different positions. Is the stumble still there? worse? maybe a little better?

You can get a stumble from being either too lean OR being too rich...I'm just trying to get an idea which one is causing your problem.

Right now mark the carb is sitting in the garage on the work bench until the parts comes in. EM we didn't run it long with the stock pump on due to the leak. been bouncing around this morning trying to find stuff for the q-jet to make it work on the intake and still no luck frown

Tim you might not have looked in the right place. We got the car up and running like a top. Just have to hook the throttle and kickdown cable up and we can test the suspension work out we did over the weekend. The 600 holley is put together and sitting on a table in the garage.

This afternoon It will go for a test drive with a temp carb bolted on. We got the hum taken care of that was coming from the alternator so now you hear the flex fan making noise th_001-1.jpg. The Edelbrock will go back on once the tuning kit comes in which should be here tomorrow but here is where the fuel was sitting in the bowls IMAG0024.jpgIMAG0025.jpg the metering rods which are in it is .075"x.047" which should be good for power and cruise.

Well the edelbrock tuning kit came in today went with ref# 11 now I got to find the small hair pin keepers other then that its ready to go back on the motor. I had the top off this afternoon to double check a few items like float drop and float level for float drop I have 1 1/4" and float level of 7/16" which the manual calls for. Does any one know if you can get the small hair pins at home depot or lowes in case I can't find the org ones on my carb table?

Though it was time to update this edelbrock post Friday I adjust the float drop to 1 1/4"+ or - 1/8th, changed the rods out to the #11 ref which is 4% rich. Went and put the carb on this morning a few pumps of the throttle and vroom idles like the q-jet did reving the motor up no flat spots and it seems the float drop was the down fall on the start hopefully take it out later this afternoon and see how it does.