pioneer valve springs

71monteme

I am familiar with them as a mfg. of freeze plugs. I also know of pioneer seals, but that is a different company. I guess Pioneer is kinda like Doorman...mainly a supplier of small parts and fasteners. Bendix has a similar gig as a supplier and I consider their name to be a good one. Proform is another that is gaining respect.

I didn't know they produce valve springs. It's not a name I'd immediately associate with "high performance", but I guess that's because they package the items under a different brand name? Who knows, maybe Comp and Isky and GM all use them; or maybe not. Either way I can't imagine them being much better/worse than anyone else.

Here is a page from their website: http://www.pioneerautoinc.com/remanav.htm

I have a Pioneer brand o.e replacement dampner on my monte.. seems to be a decent piece.

the balance ring was starting to slide forward off the hub on my old one so it was time to change it. .and the old one had been installed by a large hammer once in it's lifetime and was making my crank pulley wobble pretty bad.. so I opted for the lowcost stock replacement solution from the parts store...