Engine Chat

astrochimp

"Surprisingly, points deliver a more consistent spark at upper RPM than even the Best distributors/ignition boxes, including the MSD 6, 6AL, etc. WHEN (and I emphasize "WHEN") they're adjusted properly"

lets see...a mechanical points system is more consistent at HIGH RPMS than an electronic system. I see all the drag cars running points these days.

"A dual point dist. gives two sparks. The first is the initial spark, then the second spark pushes the piston down more hence increasing the stroke. "

I won't even comment.

this is some of the crap i have to deal with at mx6.com

(i visit cuz i have one)

Is your mx-6 a turbo car??? Monte

------------------

70 Monte Carlo. 355, 10.4 to 1, AFR 210's, 1 3/4" super comps, solid roller 585/597 260/266 @.050 on 112LSA, Edelbrock tunnel ram w/2 600 hp's, 4,000 stall, 4.11. 3800 lbs. 4000lbs with me in it, 12.4 @ 111 mph, 2.000 60' time, launching at 1/2 throttle for 60' to keep from spinning the tires. With that mph it should be between 11.8 and 12.2 once I get it to hook up. New Times coming for the new rear end set up and 200 shot of nitrous.

montesig.JPG

When points float, its a bad thing. That's why I take a bucket of water with me to the parts store; Save the embarassment and see if they float before you buy 'em!

New UNI- "LITE" ignition: all the power with half the dwell!

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Monte:
Is your mx-6 a turbo car??? Monte

</font>

It's probably the worst combo u'd want on a mx6
It's a 94 4cylinder Automatic.
v6 stick would be too much fun