70 monte vs 70 chevelle

V8Freak

hey everyone!

I have a question regarding my 70 monte. I am tryin too order all new bolt and screw kits through a company called amkproducts.com

The problem I am having is that they have a chassis and body kit for the 70 monte but no interior kit. the one that is closest is a 70 chevelle. Can anyone tell me if they have had this problem or if the 70 chevelle interior kit will work? I know they are very close

thanks!

The 70 chevelle pattern is different. 70 Monte specific panels are available also.

Yes the screw kits are the same, I must have read over that part of your post.

Thought you were needing interior panels.

the kit comes with alot! its a 352 piece set. It has the screws all the reatainers some nuts and bolts. Here is the link its enough money and the shipping will be $$$$. if anyone is familiar with this and can take a quick peak id really appreciate it.

http://amkproducts.com/GM_Master_Kits.asp

I used AMK for my restoration. All the hardware came in its own individual packages labeled with what page of the assembly manual it pertains to. Neat organized sets, but you do pay for that service. I was happy with them, and I did have some hardware left over, but finished the car.

There's a lot going on there....$141 is a lot of cash....I would see what screws you need and go down to your local autobody supply with one as a reference. You can buy a whole box for a lot less.

But if you insist, the kit does look comprehensive smile But in my opionion unless you really need everything, not necessary.

Steve

i know its i little much but im doing a frame off and over the past year or 2 i have miss placed screws amd bolts and alt are as old as the car. i figured since its all labeled for what it is for and organized its worth it. your probably paying an extra 50 dollars for that but i think its worth it. I do need everything and im busy enough that it would be very hard too drive everywhere looking for certain things

ya thats the kit im looking at! im doing a complete too. im getting the body kit and chassis kit as well. I seen them use this place on speed seemed really good!

Yep, spent the money and save the time. There was 2 years between my disassembly and restoration. So things got misplaced, or looked too old to put against new parts bought. It's hard to put something old next to something new. With that thought, that's how your restoration cost goes up past your budget.

lol, i'll say! at first i was just going too do body then for whatever reason the body and frame seperated lol. oh well, It was a gift from my dad and ill have it forever so i can deal with it. I figured i might as well do it before i had a kid and house too pay fore. Now the kids here and house has too be in the near future so i gotta kick it into overdrive

lol, i'll say! at first i was just going too do body then for whatever reason the body and frame seperated lol. oh well, It was a gift from my dad and ill have it forever so i can deal with it. I figured i might as well do it before i had a kid and house too pay fore. Now the kids here and house has too be in the near future so i gotta kick it into overdrive
ditto except I just got my house, my kids are teenagers, and it was a gift from my brother who got it from my mom...

100_4433.jpg