CAI Help/Questions

LuckyKenny

That looks like what they the did to the T-bolts back in the 60's. They took out the head lights or the center head lights on the impalas and ran the ducting to them. It could work on the monte you well have to find a place run the ducting

With the supplied ducting at 41" each I don't think they would be long enough to reach down and around obstacles to the parking light holes on a 70 style bumper.

Also don't be fooled by this quote they have on their add...

Quote:
These kits can allow an average V8 engine to produce up to 50HP more due to the cold air that they are designed to inhale (as opposed to hot air ingested by a typical round 14'' air cleaner).

You would be lucky to get any benefit from them...heck if it was that simple our cars would have come with that set-up from the factory... wink

I mentioned in other posts on this subject that I have played quite a bit with a cold air set-up using several different configurations and actual track testing it and have seen no improvement. Now if the carb was tuned for it that might help though.

With the supplied ducting at 41" each I don't think they would be long enough to reach down and around obstacles to the parking light holes on a 70 style bumper.

Also don't be fooled by this quote they have on their add...

Quote:
These kits can allow an average V8 engine to produce up to 50HP more due to the cold air that they are designed to inhale (as opposed to hot air ingested by a typical round 14'' air cleaner).

You would be lucky to get any benefit from them...heck if it was that simple our cars would have come with that set-up from the factory... wink

I mentioned in other posts on this subject that I have played quite a bit with a cold air set-up using several different configurations and actual track testing it and have seen no improvement. Now if the carb was tuned for it that might help though.

I saw the ones that have dual cones with boxes around them

I like the holley one too

I have to agree with 502CI on this one. We did a similar setup with one of my old cars. We ran plastic tubing from the air cleaner up to the inner headlight holes and it made absolutely no difference in performance at the track.

We went to great lengths to make sure the tubing was as straight as it could be. After 3 passes we pulled the tubes off and ran the same number again. Granted the car wasn't a racer (12.60 car) and this mod might be more beneficial with higher HP cars.