Is This Beneficial To My Set-up or No?

BigBlockMonte

Discovered today I have 2 rockers that are cracking where they contact the valve. I'm ordering a new set but before I do I was curious if going with a 1.8 ratio rocker would benefit my set-up. If not I'll continue using the 1.7 ratio.

My set-up is as follows.

468CI

10.25 Compression

Square Post Aluminum Heads (320cc Intake Runners) 2.25intake valves/1.88 exhuast valves.

Camshaft is a XE284H 574/578 Lift 240/246 duration @.50 on 110 lobe seperation.

Eddy Air gap intake

Holley 850 carb

Hooker comp headers into 3" exhaust with flowmaster mufflers.

3.73 posi rear w/28" tall rear tire

Any other info needed, just visit my website here:

http://www.mad-performance.net/v8muscle.htm

Thanks for the help on this

just found a calculator online for rocker arm ratio change. it claims it will take my lift from 5.74/5.78 to 6.00/6.12. So this will make my cam

6.00/6.12 with 240/246 duration @.50 with 110 lobe speration?

The springs will be fine with that lift. Will that actually give me a few noticeable ponies? And have reliability? thanks

http://www.wallaceracing.com/rockercalc.php

mike, i would like to meet you. i live in washington pa. probably an hour or less from you. Maybe you can give me some pointers on how to make this car run. your doing 11.18's. Thats moving.

I'm not sure my car can get outta the 12's. atleast it doesn't feel like it to me, but then again i'm coming from a 10 second 3,000lb import car.

But back on topic. Any idea of what it will change the duration to. not exact. but just a thought, or is there a calculator for duration as well?

Thanks