Seat Belts-Jade Green (OD Green)

TPugh29

I am looking for a complete set of seat belts. I have the stainless GM buckles. The originals are not that bad, but I have a complete new interior minus floor mats and seat belts at this time. I have contacted a couple companies one of which sell the "new style" seat belt some of you have. I still want to keep the shoulder belt up where it is and the lap belt where it is.

Any help would be great and/or can I re-dye them?

Thomas,

I do understand people wanting to keep a car as 'Original Equiptment" as possible. I would do this also to a car that is fully restored and driven minimally. I drive my 71 quite a bit and at more than city speed limits. I am concerned about not only my safety but that of my passengers so that is why I went with the 3 way retractable seat belts. It can prevent serious injury or worse and I consider it to be cheap insurance. Just something for you to think about.

I am doing a complete frame off restoration. I will only drive the Monte once or twice a week if that. i have the original license place frames from the dealer that closed down in mint condition.

This is why I want to find the same color etc. Thanks GM for making my color so hard to find.

I plan on going with the 3 point system fr my 72 since it is my daily driver but I'm keeping my 70 stock. I like to preserve my 70 the way it was built.

I feel your pain Thomas. There are parts of my interior in both my Montes that are not reproduced in the correct colour. Even the colours they say are correct are not as I have found out the hard way.

There is a 71 in a local yard here, I remember it having green interior, I will check that car and see if they are still there, most likely they are,its not a color that people are looking to get. I need to check the condition of them though

My 71 was factory green and the seatbelts were Black. Good luck finding some, might be best to dye them.

I think the standard seat belts were black but the deluxe seat belts matched the interior.

I have all the original belts and if I cannot find some new ones i will stay with what I have. I have the deluxe stainless and matching interior color. My Monte had all the options of 71 except power seats.

Tony-

Thanks but only if you have time.

Tony-

Thanks but only if you have time.

I never really need too much pushing to get me to go check out a local junkyard grin With the posts here it seems the belts are only green if its the deluxe package, it would be unlikely that it has them, but it was a fairly optioned car, I remember it having AC and power goodies,so you never know.