Questions about Headers

vacavillebob

Happy Easter Everyone:

I am sorry to sound so stupid but I know nothing about this subject, so I need to ask. I attended a swap meet at Arco Arena last weekend. I noticed lots of chrome headers for small block (350) Chevys for as little as $50. I am going to another swap meet on May 1st in Turlock. And I am thinking I would like to get some that would fit my 1970 Monte.

So my question is, I saw lots of different shapes and sizes, and everyone said theirs were for the chevy small block. How do I know which ones will fit my stock 350 in my 70 Monte. I have heard of people buying them and then they do not fit because of the starter or the frame or any number of reasons.

Thank you for your advise, Bob

Before you go back to the swap meets, why not look up all the popular makes of headers and find the part numbers that fit a first gen Monte with a small block. If you can;t find a name brand with the right part number I would pass.

Most headers will fit a Monte carlo,Headers for Chevelles 1964-1977,Camaro 1967-1981,1970-1977 Nova/ChevyII and all full size B-body cars 1968-1979 some might have to be dinged to clear the steering shaft but they work