aluminum BB chevy heads

71454SS

Could anyone tell me if they think this is a good setup for a 454 with a hot cam ?The car has stock heads on it now and I know the springs were not changed when the previous owner worked on the motor. Thanks !Read thru the add it sounds good. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BIG-BLOCK...=item5197d144c3

i have their rec port heads on my engine. i changed their springs to the ones that matched my cam. had the heads gone through at a local machine shop to check for any potential problem. so far so good.

thanh

As Thanh did the general rap on them is they need to be gone though. If they have to brag about the bolt holes lining up then you know there's a chance your's may not have been made on a good day in China....

I can tell you about the seller Skip White. I purchased my Scat cranks through him and I was very impressed with their customer service. Except for a guy named Charlie, stay away from him he seemed a little overwhelmed with the volume they are doing. Anyway, I had my original purchase for like 2 1/2 months and changed my mind to go with a stroker crank. They were more than happy to take the original crank back and send me what I really wanted and I only had to pay the difference in cost. I wasn't charged any restocking fee or any other weird charges. Their communication was excellant and they really seem to want to keep the customer happy.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Just remember you get what you pay for. I'd rather pay up front and have a set that are ready to bolt on with the specs I need/want. Lot's of imported crap out there these days making lot's of promises, but never deliver. Personally I'd stick to the old tried and true companies that are still casting their heads right here in the good ole USA.