strange idle in gear?

MonteFox89

well, before I fixed the blown head gasket and rebuilt the upper half of the engine. the engine would have a very small lurch (thus how it got it's name) at idle while in gear, basically at a stop sign or light. strange how it hadn't done it much since I've rebuilt half the engine but just recently it started again. I'm wondering if my oil isn't getting thin and causing this. or it could possibly be the cam. unknown cam, most I know about it is "mild street cam" as the previous owner called it, although she didn't know much about it cause she stole it from her ex boyfriend of 5-6 months... she didn't even know how to put gas in it when I bought it.

but yeah... I'm not hearing ticking but then again I haven't grabbed a stethoscope that looks like a screwdriver lately lol

I'm thinking about doing a compression test here in about 2 weeks... 2 weeks because I don't have the money now for a tester thing... lol

So, Ideas or should I get video again? lol

then I'm going straight for tranny if that's the case...I've renewed almost all the ignition in my last scare...

if it is the tranny though, what's causing it to do that when it idles at 500rpm in gear?

Check the vacuum modulator (I assume a TH350) and that the vaccum line is good and not kinked anywhere...

kk, I was thinking about some of the mixture screws I was messing with the other day and I leaned them out to get my rpm's as high as I could... but I think that would be fine... I do need to adjust my timing now that you mention it. been a bit funny on starting.