"Ramshorn" exhaust manifolds

sparky

I have recently aqquired a set of 21/2 inch "Ramshorn" exhaust manifolds. I am thinking about rebuilding my motor. I want to keep it looking and sounding stock. I was told they might not fit, or if they did the head pipes would have a very tight 90% bend in them. Does anyone know for sure if these will fit? Has anyone actually installed them in a '70 with 350 small block?

No I havent installed them not really sure what they are but I do know that the big block cars came from the facrory with 2 1/2 exhaust pipes from manifold to muffler and was a bit tight fitting but fit fine. Some pipe benders will kinda crush the pipe in a bit when tring to put to much bend in the bigger pipes.

If your exhaust man has a mandrel bender it might be able to be done right.

I was always told the shape of the pipe did not matter as long as the overall I.D. was not reduced.

But Andy say`s they are a no go so all is a mute point anyways.

It still would be a tight fit. They will pretty much dump out over the engine cross-member. And with the steering shaft right there, To much hassle. Those would be better on a Corvette.