removing scratches off the windows

well they used really fine paper and sanded the scratches off then the used rubbing conpound and then polish but i tryed it and it didnt work or i most have done some thugn wrong because following there foot dteps now me qauter window is all missed up and i will need to get a new or used and ill tell you good thing i tryed in the small window first if not i would be really pissed off right now

What grit sandpaper did they tell you to use? Step the grit to something higher, and try it again.

Ive never had much success with that stuff, but you might be having an issue due to using too coarse a paper

I talked to a glass place and the same rule of thumb applies for glass as paint scratches of you can run your fingernail accross it and feel it its to deep to get out I tried wet sanding and it didnt work I had a det ta deet monent when sanding on mine near the rear window now I have to live with it or change the window, Ill live with it for now.

How big is the scratches??

sand blasted some MC emblems into a guys 84 MCSS years ago with a Knight emblem I made on an overhead projector. (pre computer age.. haha) The emblem may cover up the scratches, and would look good in the window, if you don't like it you can still replace the window..