Had a Blast Last Weekend

Sandblast that is laugh

As part of the rear end refurb I am working on, I am sandblasting some of the undercarriage and suspension parts. To do this I built a booth in my basement. Basically a plastic booth sealed with duct tape. I quickly found that I was engulfed in a sandstorm and couldn't see what I was trying to sandblast. I added a set of furnace filters on each side of the booth and a fan on one side to draw dust out of the air. It's definetly better but the filter gets full pretty fast, still tough to see so you have to take frequent breaks to let the fan catch up. I think I will spring for a cabinet at some point in the future.

Here is a photo of the booth before I installed the inlet filter:

DSCN3614.JPG

Here are the parts I sandblasted

DSCN3615.JPG

And then painted

DSCN3616.JPG

Nice indeed even did the brake hardwear make sure it gets all lubed up on the pivot points.Anything that moves needs some sort of lube. Nice work, be carefull that crossmember dont gouge the wall up.

yeah Momma won't be happy if you mess up her walls...

Nice work though and a nice set-up on the booth.

Nice job. Nothing like taking old parts back down to bare metal and making them look new again... cool

Nice job. Nothing like taking old parts back down to bare metal and making them look new again... cool

ditto ...and not paying to have someone blast them for you. smile

Thanks guys. This pic shows the rear left brake before and the rear right after a new spring set and sandblast and paint with high temp paint of other components. I replaced the shoes not that long ago as well as the drums and the cylinders.

DSCN3619.JPG