Rear lower control arms

Murphy

I'm planning on adding a rear sway bar & need to box my lower control arms....I see at JEG's, they now have round lower control arms which are cheaper than buying the boxed version. Or I get the kit inwhich I need to have someone weld in the bracket to my existing rusty arms to box them. Seems to me that the round version would be a much more stable option. Looking for some experienced input.........

Murray, I have heavy rectangular ones on my Elkie but I have round ones(like are shown on the jegs link) on my Monte. I purchased mine from BMR back in 2003. I spoke to BMR about this because they now make the rect ones, and they stated that they are just as good as what they are making now. And to think, they could have made a sale so I think they were honest with me.

I would not have a problem getting tubular arms from someone like BMR but it would depend on where those Jeggy ones were made before I made a recommendation. Check UMI, BMR, Edelbrock, etc. - Dave

Goodmark industries 4030-981-642P, boxed inexpensive and ready to go..Summit carries them GMK-4030981642P $185.00 You can buy them cheaper if you know someone. TA-6492 True connections in Riverside $150.00 a pair with regular bushings..TA-6493 with poly bushings $229.00

4030-981-642P.JPG