Pulleys swap SB/BB question

ScottNM

Hey Scott, Sorry I have to disagree with Andy. My pullys from the 350 look simular to the ones on my 454 but are definately different. I know you just asked about pullys but the Alt brackets are different for sure on both of them although you can use the alt for sure and the PS pully is the same but once again as Andy did mention the PS brackets are diff too the SB wont bolt up. I do have the tall water pump on my 454 without A/C and that pully is definatly different than my small block one and my Crank pully on the SB has 2 gooves where as my BB has 3 grooves in it.....

Darren.

PS the bolt holes on my water pump dont allow the sb pully to line up and both are 70 blocks.....

I only want to order what i absolutely need to. So I think I now need Alt/PS brackets for BB. I need the 3 groove crank and Water pump pulley. I also have AC comp unit that I would like to use from SB. Any feedback before purchase is appreciated.

Hey Scott once again all the SB A/C stuff ....alll the brackets Wont fit either just the Compressor....we did Vaughns swap over and Roys and small block brackets def Dont fit BB and we had to search Ebay and high and low for the correct brackets....

Darren,.

Scott, if all you need to do is run an alternator, you can use your SB crank and water pump pulley. Not saying they are identical, just sayin it will work. I have done it DOZENS of times. Three groove to two groove has to do with AC, not fitment. Score a set of 70-79 Big Block (read that as a MANS' engine) alternator brackets and you are in buisness. 69 brackets will work but it uses a two part stud as a pivot.

Big block Power Steering bracket are obviously way different but a set of repop brackets will run you under $100. And your SB pump will fit those new brackets and the pulley ac to ac, non ac to non ac is the same.

Ya'll can challenge my advice all you want, but I am the guy with SEVEN yes seven Big Block Chevy powered hot rods. Chit, make that eight. I just picked up a 99 Burban. Fo-Fitty-Fo powered 3/4 ton 4x4 to tow my toy hauler. As soon as I get it back to the shop I will show what a Cleveland Polack and his own exhaust bender can do.lol.

Hey Scott, here is a set of BB Brackets for your A/C set up on Ebaymotors....the number is 190580299572 and is the cheapest price I have seen for the whole set like this they usually go for $200...

Darren.