Side glass window felts.

70mcarlo

On my '70 Monte, the outer rubber portion of the rear quarter window felts have a small triangular tab on the C-pillar end on both sides to hide a seam line. I'm not sure if '71 or '72 Montes also have them (they probably do), but I was wondering if there are ANY replacement felt kits that duplicate the original felt's triangular tab. The rather pricey supposedly OE replacement set I got awhile back did not.

I'm switching over to belt reveal moldings so it won't be a problem any longer, but I'm still curious.

The optional belt reveal moldings cover the seam. I would bet that the OE replacement window felts for FGMCs without the optional moldings are actually Chevelle pieces that leave the seam line exposed because they are missing the Monte-specific triangular tab.

Here's a photo of the seam I'm talking about:

DSC02323-1.jpg

On the RH side of my car the triangular rubber tab is broken off, and you can get an idea of what it would look like with new replacement felts that don't come with the tab that covers the seam.

Those who have replaced their quarter window outer felts: What did you do about this? Did you reuse the orignals? Or are there replacement felts with the tab available?