What intake?

70 MONTE

Since yours looks like a standard 350 (reading your signature) -- get the standard Edelbrock Performer dual plane / split plane intake... or a Weiand Stealth. Your car will thank you as the higher vacuum will idle smoother etc.

I honestly prefer Weiand, because they have better placed mounting holes for throttle return spring brackets, etc. etc. Maybe it is just me, but I seem to not be able to have the mounting holes line up right on my Edelbrock intake... as they are just really a modded Ford intake... even after all these years. Where you'll really notice it is in the Transmission kickdown & throttle bracket assembly mounting position. Edelbrocks choice in hole placement is just a bit odd.

If you had a 383, or a heavy cam'd racing 350 that really needed the extra air, I'd suggest maybe a looking to an airgap or a single... but it really takes a lot of engine to need more than the standard Weiand or Edelbrock Performer Split-plane / dualplane's.

If you really need to later, you can always just add a 1 inch riser plate for $10 and get a better effect than airgap gives for a lot less $$$...

Since yours looks like a standard 350 (reading your signature) -- get the standard Edelbrock Performer dual plane / split plane intake... or a Weiand Stealth. Your car will thank you as the higher vacuum will idle smoother etc.

I honestly prefer Weiand, because they have better placed mounting holes for throttle return spring brackets, etc. etc. Maybe it is just me, but I seem to not be able to have the mounting holes line up right on my Edelbrock intake... as they are just really a modded Ford intake... even after all these years. Where you'll really notice it is in the Transmission kickdown & throttle bracket assembly mounting position. Edelbrocks choice in hole placement is just a bit odd.

If you had a 383, or a heavy cam'd racing 350 that really needed the extra air, I'd suggest maybe a looking to an airgap or a single... but it really takes a lot of engine to need more than the standard Weiand or Edelbrock Performer Split-plane / dualplane's.

If you really need to later, you can always just add a 1 inch riser plate for $10 and get a better effect than airgap gives for a lot less $$$...

Very good advice. Thanks for sharing the knowledge!

If you are going with a light build, a Performer will complement off idle torque and fuel mileage. I learned awhile ago that if you want a race car, don't build a heavyweight. If you want a nice street car, a mildly cammed 350 Monte will be your best freind.

If you are looking for a nice used one for around $75 shipped, shoot me a PM. I try to take care of my MC homies.

what Andy said....if you have your heart set on an AirGap for the looks or something it will work okay too, it's still a dual plane and the differences on dual plane manifolds are not as radical as people think. The differences between them would only show up on a time slip at the track and that would be in the hundreds of a second. If you want to use a spacer then use a 4 hole, open is for high rpm, top end performance.

If you're not changing anything else on the motor then I would question changing the intake at all unless you just want an aluminum intake.... wink

I agree with all that has been said. Like Davey I also think that if you aren't changing anything else then I would just stay with stock. But if you plan on future mods then I would jump on Andy's offer. I would but I already have one. David