Anyone Use Hooker Comps w/Head Studs?

cudax

I was wondering if anyone out there is using 2" Hooker Comp headers with head studs? I have attempted to use a set of used headers (not Hookers), on my 70 BB and the flanges interfere with the studs. I am using ARP studs with Brodix Race-Right heads. The studs aren't too far out from the nuts either. Before I purchase the 2" Hooker Comps I was hoping that someone is running something close and could tell me what interferences you have had if any?

Thanks in advance!

Mike

Hey Mike,

I am running 2" Hooker Comp Headers (HOK-2455-1HKR) on my ZZ454 engine. I had to grind some of the flange material away in order to make them work as well as "dimpling" the header pipes in one or two places. Here is a pic of one of the flange spots.

http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/rr138...nt=DSC01362.jpg

You can see what I did right below the 3rd tube.

Mike

Mike, I have head studs on my 402 and Patriot 2" full length headers. I had an issue with one head stud being a little higher than the others. I ground down the top of the stud (about a 1/4"inch) to about/almost the top of the nut and that was the ticket. - Dave

Thanks guys! I kind of figured that the flanges might be a problem though I am hoping that I won't have to grind off too much of them. Also, I was hoping not to have to dimple any of the tubes but it sounds like that is not an option. I thought I read a thread awhile back that someone installed 2" Hooker Comps without any issues but I don't remember if it was a small block. I figure it will take some finagiling to fit them with the BB.

Thanks Again,

Mike