Dash heater duct/ vent foam/seals?

MC1970U

Why not go to Homeless Depot and get some that they use for weather stripping. They sell it for doors and windows in different widths. Should be almost the same stuff. And I bet a fraction of what you'd pay on online retailer for the same basic thing just repackaged wink

Home Hardware should have it as well or for us in Canada Rona/Cashway even I think Sears (hardware section) should have it. Look near the window and door section.

But if your a purist you'll want to spend hoards more $ for the same thing that has official genuine Chevrolet part on it..... grin

Scott

I forgot where I got mine, but same a you guys, got some rolls of the foam weatherstrip with adhesive back and it is much better quality than what came on the car originally.

To be fair it is 40 years later and likely anything is better than stuff that old whistle

But I agree it is likely a better seal using that now and a LOT cheaper wink

Scott

Why not go to Homeless Depot and get some that they use for weather stripping. They sell it for doors and windows in different widths. Should be almost the same stuff. And I bet a fraction of what you'd pay on online retailer for the same basic thing just repackaged wink

Home Hardware should have it as well or for us in Canada Rona/Cashway even I think Sears (hardware section) should have it. Look near the window and door section.

Scott

Yeah this is what I already thought about doing but I thought I'd first ask the experienced here on how they dealt with it.

I think I should have asked more questions regarding my clock, still pretty sore about that, and might of saved myself some trouble. It pisses me off that whenever I have business dealings with someone new there is a high probability I’m going to get bent over.

Other then the clock issue my whole dash renovation is going quite well. I installed the LEDs for the gauges and am very happy with how that experiment turned out. I can’t tell if the heater core was the original, it was a Harrison, but it was in great shape with no leaks what so ever and was quite heavy duty compared to the replacement I installed.

Our local hardware store Jerry’s airs commercials prompting us to “Better head for Jerry’s” and I guess I will.

Thanks guys for the continuing help I appreciate it,

Sonny

I got a set of the factory style ones that I never even opened up, grin I never opened up the ducts or anything with all that I did to the car, but I did use the ones from Home Depot for where the defrost vent sat down in the top of the box