What panels have you had to fabricate?

Slaman

Lots of parts for our Montes aren't repop'd or are hard to get/expensive... Post some pics of pieces you have fabricated for your Monte.

Here is my current project:(Metal inner fender under battery tray)

Granted they sale this piece repop'd for about $90, but you can buy it with the rest of the inner fender for about $125. (I paid $50 for the pair and this is the only real problem spot)

So, I made my own since I had the metal laying around. Not perfect and still not completed but this won't be a nut and bolt restore, more of a resto-mod....

What I had:

Resampled_2011-12-27_14-00-59_47.jpg

What I made:

Resampled_2011-12-27_14-01-11_444.jpg

Granted I haven't welded it to the inner fender yet in this pic and have a few more holes to drill but it will work I think.

Steve

Thanks everyone. I am far from being good at fab'ing panels but I am learning and trying. Here is how I set up my last modification to recess the side markers. Got the round rod welded to the patch and the patch about 90% welded in but ran out of wire. Only have the one pic right now, but it gives the general idea of how I did it. I like this way much better than the other way I did the other side marker opening.

Resampled_2011-12-21_18-26-07_800.jpg

Post some pics of the panels you have fab'd up. I know there is some serious talent in this group.

Steve