Dual piston calipers and pads.

My 72 has 4 wheel disc brakes which were installed back in 99.I don't know what make they are but they are only single piston.I'm not impressed with the way the car stops so I'm thinking of an upgrade.I want to keep my 15" wheels.Has anyone upgraded to a GM dual piston caliper and did it make a difference?I know C3 Vette calipers are fairly cheap but I don't know if they fit or can be made to fit.

What pads do you guys like?I don't care if it's a soft pad and wears out fast.I guess with a soft pad brake dust will be a problem.I'm also considering going to a hydroboost unit.

Thanks.

I just picked up a complete hydroboost unit and all lines out of a 2000 Astro. $150

www.hydratechbraking.com makes the bracket to adapt it to our firewall.

as far as rotors/caliper combos, I read a thread here recently,but cannot find it again, that went through what fit what.

http://www.pro-touring.com/forumdisplay.php?43-Disc-Brakes

hope it points you in the basic correct direction.

this post was made by Tobin of www.kore3.com

he's super sharp and all he does is brakes. ( I just ordered the Z51 brake kits front and rear from him)

**That depends on the generation of Corvette brakes and the wheels...but in general, C2/C3 brakes require 15" wheels, C4 12" brakes will require at least 16" wheels. Any of the C4 13" brakes or C5(Z06)/C6 base-level kits [12.79"] will require at least 17" wheels. C6 Z51 and C6 Z06 kits will require 18" wheels and the C6 ZR1 carbon/ceramics will require 19" wheels.

Tobin

KORE3

I have similar issue with my brakes and want to keep my 15" wheels.

I found these, but haven't heard any reviews. They sure sound good on paper!

LINKY