Hi performance rebuild kits

1970MonteMotion

I knew of a mail order place but I just took a look and they only sell early hemi parts now frown they did carry chevy items right now to complete motor kits for fairly nice prices. You might have to do some lower end work on the motor to get the hp you want. We have a 355 sitting out in the garage(pulled from one of the toys) that puts out anywhere from 390 to 410hp.

That looks like a nice kit and Trick Flow is a well respected name.I would imagine they base their numbers on a car that has headers and a decent dual exhaust.After that,maybe next year,add a 200 4R with a 2400 stall.With the overdrive you should get back some mileage and have a quick street car.

You might consider a leakdown test before you commit.

Good luck.

PS.With that pic of Mike's car you know what your car will look like at the track.;)

That looks like a nice kit and Trick Flow is a well respected name.I would imagine they base their numbers on a car that has headers and a decent dual exhaust.After that,maybe next year,add a 200 4R with a 2400 stall.With the overdrive you should get back some mileage and have a quick street car.

You might consider a leakdown test before you commit.

Good luck.

PS.With that pic of Mike's car you know what your car will look like at the track.;)

I plan on getting a nice pair of headers, and Flow Master stage 3 exhaust. Is my current 350 tranny not really so good? I planned to add a shift kit, and a 2400 stall exactly! You're right, I would look like mike with the red car, black top, minus the wheelie! LOL. I know what you meant though! wink

You're fine as far as the 350 holding up.The main advantage of a 200/4R is that it saves you from changing the rear gears and increases your mileage.If you can't afford it this year you could do it later.A gear and converter is one of the biggest seat of the pants difference you can buy.

Call me crazy, but having been there done that if you are rebuilding a 350 and you are looking for really good street performance if you don't turn it into a stroker motor you are just pissing your money away. With the direction your going it won't cost you much more than you would spend on a nice 355 mil. 383's yield big block, stump pulling, torque that you need to get that heavy beast of a car moving. JMHO. It's your car build it the way YOU want it. Not what us desktop experts think you should.