1971 Cowl Grills

Did all 1971 FGMC's come with the cowl grills below the windshield? I saw them in a resto catalog listed for a 71, but both FG's I've had did not have them. Thanks.

Pyro, Seems like every few, if any, 1st Gen Montes or A-Bodies had them. Have been listed in aftermarket catalogs for awhile, first selling for around $40 You can get em now on eBay for about $25. I've purchased two sets and they are fine. Sure does clean up the air intake area. Ed

------------------

'71 Black 406/700R4/10bolt, Branson participant

'71 Sandalwood SS454

'71 Project Darkest of Dark Green Metallic/346LS1/4L65E/12bolt posi

71Monte-1.jpg

There is no documented proof that any first gen monte had these cowl grills. some may have been installed by dealers or by owners. I also put them on my car to keep garbage from falling down into these holes and I also like how they dress up that area under the hood.

Rob

------------------

To access my website click on the picture or link below.

images.ca..."

My Two Girls

http://www.cardomain.com/id/robsmodelamonte

Go Car or Show Car, it doesn't matter, you are welcome here

Mine did NOT.

I got them from a Pontiac dealer for a Tempest to keep junk out of the heater area.

Bruce

------------------

Original Owner since May 14 1971 montesm.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Monte Carlo's built in Arlinton, Texas had them. Ocassionally the non-air conditioned car got the air-conditioned variety though because almost all Arlington cars were air conditioned. Jerry

[This message has been edited by 40model (edited 09-19-2003).]

i have never seen them on any production montes anywhere and i have been collecting them since 1978 and have parted out many , i have only seen them on cars after they were available repo which i believe was the early 1980's , i will put my name on it that gm never put any on them from the factory i believe i would have seen at least 1 over the years , the repos do not look like a original gm part to me at all, and more than likely do not have any gm id on them like part number , molding id , and cavity id, the 73-77 2nd gen montes had them and i have seen many originaly equipped

Leo