Turn Signal Problem

70 Iron

Took the Monte out for a spin today and realized I had no turn signals. I come back home and tried to find out whats wrong.The fuse has current in and out by the test light.The dash signal lights don't light up but when I pull the 4 way on they do light and blink and so do all corners.None of the signals light up when I move the arm on the column.They are all dead. Could a bad flasher cause everything from the fuse to the switch go dead or is it only for flashing?

Is there anything else to check other than the flasher before I go into the column ? All the other dash lights and guages seem ok

Thanks,

TERRY

Someone just had a T/S problem that turned out to be a bad flasher. If you haven't just changed anything, like dash or wiring related or added LED bulbs, I'd check the flasher (The OEM position is attached to and above the steering column, under the dash, NOT the easy one, in the fuse panel (that's the 4 Way flasher).

Bruce

It was the flasher Bruce,After I posted I went back out in the garage pulled the column cover off and my flasher is hanging right there ,I didn't put it back on the top of the column when I replaced it last summer.I never had a bad flasher act this way before But I'm glad thats all it was Thanks

I put my clean clothes back on and returned to the highway for some cruzin ,Today wasn't a total loss smile

Terry

Good news!

Thanks for letting us know.

Perhaps the sunspot activity ruined all these flashers! ha ha

We got 2" of snow, haven't driving my Monte in over three months! I better charge up the battery some day, I forgot at Christmas to do that.

Bruce

Nice sunny weather here in the north is worth a couple of flashers :-). Not too many weeks until spring you had better get on the battery,Groundhog Day is next week ,thats big here in PA lol

Terry