Build Sheet Decipher

The build sheet from my 71 has a scheduled build date of 02 09-03. Could someone please tell me what that translates to? Thanks

I am not positive but judging by how they did some things and since you don't have a hyphen between the 02 and the 09 I suspect the build date may have been September 3rd and maybe the 02 indicates the shift on that date. Again, I am guessing on this. Look on the drivers door. They originally placed a blue sticker with the build date and vin number on the drivers door near the latch.

Rob

Are these numbers in the upper left hand corner of the build sheet? The first number, 02, is the sequence build number of the car, that is, it was the 2nd car built (started) on Sept. 3rd. George Primm

George you are correct, upper left hand corner, box #10, SCHED. NO. DATE. I would assume that it was Sept. 1970? By Sept. 1971 they should have been into 1972 model year production.

Thanks

Are these numbers in the upper left hand corner of the build sheet? The first number, 02, is the sequence build number of the car, that is, it was the 2nd car built (started) on Sept. 3rd. George Primm

Agree with George. At which plant was your car built? The only plant I know of that did not follow the format George mentioned above, was Arlington.

Also, what does your trim tag (cowl tag) show for a build date? It should coincide with the date shown on the build sheet, within a week or so. As an example, my Baltimore-built Monte's build sheet shows Feb. 25, 1970 as the build date, and the cowl tag shows "03A" or first week of March, 1970.

It was built at the Kansas City Plant. The car is currently buried in a storage unit, so I don't have access the cowl tag right now. But thanks for the info.