Compressor bracket bolts.....

LostnFound

Hello to all, does anyone know what bolts I need for the compressor brackets? Are they simply the usual fender bolts with the tapered end? Do they thread in tightly so they don't loosen off? I want to make sure I'm using the correct bolts so as to not mess up the threads.

Thanks for any and all input.

Cheers,

Larry

Larry,

You can clearly see the bolts holding the front bracket to the inner fender in Dan's post #363229 in the following thread. They appear to the the tapered-nose variety that appear in lots of places on first gen Montes.

http://www.fgmcc.com/ubbthreads/ubbthrea...3246#Post363246

I don't have a photo that confirms the bolts used on the rear bracket, but I would assume they are the same.

I can't tell you for sure if mine are correct or not, but I'm leaning toward not. The gold 70 SS on ebay right now has one pic that shows the rear bracket bolts are not pointed and they only extend a thread or 2 past the nut. I think they are very likely to be original. I'm not sure about the front bolts, but I'd guess they are all the same. Someone here will know.

Dan

Thanks Guys.....I'm mostly concerned with the bolt thread. I just don't want to mess up any threads on the nuts. I may just go with some stainless steel bolts like I grabbed for the shock protectors which Sam I Am helped me out with. smile

I downloaded and saved the pics of yours Dan and also the ones on the Ebay car as well. I'm getting quite the file of info on the load leveling system which is something I'd gladly share with anyone who would like it.

Cheers,

Larry

O.K. here's an update. Thanks to the assistance from a couple of Members on here, Dan and Darren especially smile I now have the correct bolts to mount the compressor brackets and I've done a dry fit. I'm now awaiting the return of the compressor tank from the powder coating shop which should be ready tomorrow. Here's the pics of the brackets mounted to the inner fender. The old inner fender holes lined up perfectly. The bolts went in by finger and with ease. I didn't need to remove the front wheel of the car as they were easy enough to get at. Soon I will mount the compressor and the rest of the system I'll tinker with down the road when I feel like it.

MonteCompressorBracketRear.jpg

MonteCompressorBracketFront.jpg