ARB ?

I have the HR parts and stuff ARB on my car. The directions say to put the clamps around the axel tubes 21 inches apart for "street/strip" and 26 1/2 inches apart for "race/limited street" I talked to Paul the owner and he said that I could put them out at 26 1/2 apart if I wanted and it would be fine for how I drive, it just might be a tad stiff to my liking. I tried both and I like them far apart on the race setting...I was just curious what you guys did w/yours and if you change it up? Al

I did not sit in the car....didnt see that in the directions till after it was in....it is set w/o any preload if that helps....is that a bad thing??...Thanx for responding guys.

bmr and far apart, did adjust with the wife sitting in the car.

also:

Adding preload to the suspension using the ARB involves lengthening or shortening one of the downlinks and is usually done with the Passenger downlink. Adding preload can correct a car if it does not launch straight and I prefer not to add any preload unless necessary. Some people prefer to add 1/2 turn making the passenger downlink longer "just in case" but I do not like preload unless I know it is needed.

Lengthening the Passenger downlink will turn the car Left.

Shortening the Passenger downlink will turn the car Right.

thanh

the main thing Al is you want it neutral with your weight in the drivers seat as it would be at launch....that will give you the best equal condition at launch. BMR does not recommend changing pre-load to correct the launch with their stuff...

thanx guys steve and I set it without any preload but no one was sitting in it....ill have my wife sit in it when she gets home free it up once again and then send it home....thanx guys, i appreciate it.