Looking for wiring guru (Darren)

willie

I have always bought from americanautowire.com 866-405-1367. They are right in NJ. They also go under factory fit. As far as I'm concerned they are the best. That is all I have in my 71 Monte. Is your Monte a 71 or 72? You need to match the dash harness to the year of your car. Also, are you running factory gauges or warning lights. That also makes a difference. Let me know. I might beable to Help you out. I live in Connecticut.

Carl

Hey Carl, this car is a '72 custom 'w' code it has factory gauges, with the tach. It also has the ZJ9 lighting group option, (a light for just about everything). I am open to suggestions right now. Others also gave me some great ideas, and places to go. I called Leo he said he had nothing at this time for me, but he also sugggested M&H for a new one. I am going to check the other parts cars this weekend (if i have the time, might be working) and see what is good with them.

L

Carl let me know if you have anything that might help me out. Thanks Willie

Sorry Willie. All I have is 70 & 71. Gm made a lot of changes in 72 with their engine and dash harness. You have that hard to finf horn relay. I would stick to 72 stuff. I do have a 72 complete Monte if you need some answers as you go along.

Carl

• 1 month later...

How does this look compared to the other

MCC283.jpg

MCC273.jpg

MCC281.jpg

Still havent decided on the front harness and the starter harness. I will let you know when i get to that point.

Hey Willie. That one is WAY better.!!! wires look complete with no cuts or fixes, and that fuse block looks great... DONT throw away that old harness as it always pays to keep the old one incase someone or your self needs a swap out wire then you have factory wires and the right gauge and color to do so... Looks like someone Tagged the wires as well as to where they go too... if not let me know a color and amount of wires and will try to say where they go. You can still make out on your old fuse block what each of the fuses are for as your new one is faded right off.....If you were going to add underdash courtesy lights now would be a good time to do so as it's easier to tie in with the harness and dash out and the ease of reaching those door pin wires to connect the white wire to them is way easier this way.....

Darren.

Hey Darren thanks again, The new harness is actually the old harness all cleaned up. Cant believe it cleaned up that nice. There were no bad or broken wires on this harness so i decided to try and clean it first and then go from there. The sniped wires that were there, were actually the radio and front speaker harness. The fuse block lost some of its lettering when it got cleaned, i will try and locate another before i insall it.

As i was checking today, before install i am not sure how to route the harness nor do i know how to hang or mount it. I looked at my parts cars, 1 has the dash in and cannot see much on the pass side, the other car has no dash but the harness has been torn down. Does anyone have a pic of this so i can start to install this weekend???

Darren the car is equiped with the under dash lighting, i think thats in the dash harness already, so i should be able to just plug ends into the door pins, right? Another question i have 2 door pin holes for each side, i am guessing 1 is for interior light and the other for a alarm of some kind. What do you think??

Thanks for all the help

Hey Willie that is a great clean up job... Well done..Extra door pin holes well those are rare indeed, if they look factory and are just like the ones that the factory pins are already in, then they are for another set of door pins that would accomidate wiring for Factory Power Seat Back Release. they were an option just as rare as Electro tip wipers that when the doors open it sends a signal to an actuator that popsthe seat back release instead of pushing the seat back button on the back of the seat. I will look for pics on dash and wiring install but in the meantime hopefully someone else might pop them up.....

Darren.

Thanks Darren, I seen in the other post about the wipers, What are they and what do they do? That would be cool if you had them on yours, i never heard of them before.

I dont think there factory they do not look the same. I am still guessing alarm.

Thanks for digging if you get a chance.