IGN Fuse

Bob

Can anyone tell me where the "ign" fuse is in a 72 Monte? I checked under the dash, but I didn't see anything labeled "ign".

Thanks,

Bob

I believe this IGN slot is only hot with the IGN on. It's one row up from the bottom, in the center (L to R) on this pic of my 71 fuse panel. I don't believe it is fused, other that the fuseable link.

71 Fuse Panel

I believe this IGN slot is only hot with the IGN on. It's one row up from the bottom, in the center (L to R) on this pic of my 71 fuse panel. I don't believe it is fused, other that the fuseable link.

71 Fuse Panel

Well it is Bruce, as that is where the HEI on mine gets power. And it is the fuse to the right? that it is connected to (or is that left...LOL) anyway my car died on me in the middle of the road in early MAY and I had to find out why it would not start but would of course turn over. I checked and yup that fuse was blown. I had the good sense to put in a few 10Amp glass fuses in the glove box and got it started up as soon as I replaced it (as could see it was blown) So that fuse on the (I will have to edit this after I look again..LOL) (right) I will say for now) is what gives it power.

It is switched power that part your right.

Scott

Yes Scott your right.. that fuse to the right of IGN is the fuse to change it should be marked Dir Sig Back Up.. it is a main PINK wire supply to those two as well as the fuse directly under it which is marked Gauges it is also Pink supplied and is a dual circut plate in behind the fuseblock you cant see until it is apart.......

Darren.