Help with console wiring

93Octane

All my MC brothers, I purchased a 72 MC 2 years ago. I finally have time to dig into it. Come to find out that my horseshoe is not original nor the buckets. Does anyone have a idea or pic of how I should wire it up? I dont have reverse lights do I hook anything up to the neutral switch? thx for any input

Hey Deon, welcome to the site and our great club. When you get a chance post in our new memebers section and intro yourself fully as we have lots of great memebers here with lots of help but it is great for us to get to know you as well as just answer's.......

That being said, every Monte and chevelle came pre-wired in the factory dash harness incase further down the assembly line buckets and console were added then a plug n play 2 piece console harness was added or at the dealership too. With the proper console harness everything you will need is in the harness and shifter with the New location for the reverse and safety nuetral switch location. When i get in later or if someone beats me to it I have pictures and diagrams of the console and harness and color codes for the wires that I can post.. Stay tuned and once again welcome to the madness

Darren.

Darren, much is appreciated! I cant begin to tell you what the previous owner was doing under the dash. this doesn't work that doesn't either this sparks and if you use this all the fuses blow! mad Thx for the welcome and help

Hey Deon I hope this helps...??

console1.jpg

console2.jpg

console3.jpg

The colors are as follows to help too.

Purple & Purple/White are the Neutral switch

Light Green & Dark Green are the reverse lights

Grey is the console shifter lens illumination wire

Black is the ground at the front of the console where it bolts to floor.

Orange is the power supply to the rear console lamp on the left side of contact

White is the opposite contact side to the rear console lamp.

I have the dash wiring harness diagram if needed and is also 3-4 pages....

Darren.

At one time early in my GM employment I was setting up the neutral safety switches for service packaging. I put the shear pin in the hole and really did not know what that switch did at the time. 18 or 19 years old I was very unmechanicaly inclined.

• 2 weeks later...

Great diagrams, do you have the same for a column shifter?

I am going to install a floor shifter this week I hope, and I'm wondering how

I have to reroute the neutral safety switch to the B&M on the hump?

Thanks.