replace oil pan

Kane

I have 1970 monte carlo numbers matching car I have the original 350 4 bolt main I have rebuilt the engine it has been bore 40 over and 10/10 on rod and mains 270 cam. I recently tried to break-in the engine and find a pin hole leak in my oil pan. I plan on making a trip to my local pull apart yard and getting another oil pan I wanted to know what years chevy 350 motors have my style oil pan or does it matter as long as it's a chevy 350 motor. Thanks in advance for your help.

The Monte's have a lot of room. I was able to put a 454 in mine with the truck style oil pan. The Chevelle is not able to do the same. I seem to remember that all small block pans are the same except for the 64-67 Chevy II's that are a front sump. Good hunting in the yard. David

You will need a pan from a 79 or earlier small block with the drivers side dip stick. They moved them to the passenger side in 1980. That being said I would look at a place like summit or jegs I think they have them for around 40 bucks. and they are not dirty. I hate trying to get the pan clean under the baffle. I think that it will be hard to find a engine prior to 1979.

That's what I get before posting just before I go to bed lol. I forgot about the dipstick change. I also agree with buying a new one. Think of it as paying for your time/labor on clean up. David