Big Wheel Question

Hey fellow Monte lovers! Here is my dilemma... I am currently running 275/60/15 tires on the back with 8" Cragars on back. I have the maximum back space for Cragars and they are rubbing on the fender lip when I hit a bump. Cutting the fender lip or rolling them are NOT an option. The car is in way to good of shape to modify the body. So... my question is what do you recommend for a 7" Cragar for the rear (as far as backspacing for the deep dish look) and can I still use the 275/60 tires or do I need to go with 70 series. I really like the wife 60's but... gotta do what I gotta do. Hope I didn't confuse anybody... Thanks guys in advance for your input smile

Tim, I have L-60-15's(same as 275-60-15 ,I believe) on my original 7" Ralley wheels on the rear. They do not rub under any circumstances, and the 7' supports them just fine. Look great too. My car is VERY low in the rear too. Hope that helps a bit. smile

Sam you aren't running Cragars S/S are you?

He has Weld Racing Draglite Polished Wheels on his car.

wld-90-57036_w.jpg