vinyl top trim question

lastss

Yes, I beleive the vinyl roof trim on all first gen Montes were painted the colour of the vinyl. But, only part of it is painted and leaves a bead of chrome around the roof. A lot of people strip it off.

------------------

Aaron

1970 Misty Turquoise Monte Carlo

My Monte Carlo Web Site

Monte155a.jpglogo_iamca.gif

If your wife ever says "Come and move this transmission so I can take a bath," You might be a Gearhead.

Third it. Have seen it both ways. Was the partly colored vinyl trim an option vs trim without paint? Tks, Ed

------------------

'71 Black 406/700R4/10bolt, Branson participant

'71 Sandalwood SS454

'71 Project Darkest of Dark Green Metallics/GenIII346LS1/4L65E/12bolt posi

71Monte-1.jpg

It wasn't an option. The paint doesn't stick to stainless steel well so it tends to come off over time. A lot of people (including myself) have taken the paint stripper to it rather than repainting it.

------------------

Aaron

1970 Misty Turquoise Monte Carlo

My Monte Carlo Web Site

Monte155a.jpglogo_iamca.gif

If your wife ever says "Come and move this transmission so I can take a bath," You might be a Gearhead.

The SS Red Book calls it "Bright Trim" in 1971, so I think some years and models were painted and some weren't. You can debate the same over the bottom of the door sill being black or body color too, some seem to have been, some weren't. I think it's a matter of taste and tolerance at this point.

------------------

Charles and Celeste (but usually Celeste)

oh...and Monte the 1971 Monte Carlo 350

and under as much "frame off restoration" as an F-Body can get, Big Bird the 1976 FireBird Esprit 350!

Many Thank's to all, My door sill are black from factory, I not sure on my trim, I just removed it all & found no evidence of paint, but have seen other with paint. Thank's bob

• 2 weeks later...

It depends on where the car was built. In 72 my Mulsane Blue bottom with antique White vinyl top had the painted white trim. So I painted my trim the same way for my 72 Mulsane Blue bottom and Antique White painted top. After I finally got the job done, I find out the Arlinton, Texas cars did not have trhe trim painted.Jerry

How to get the trim off! The rear corner

pot-metal trin has a stud that bolts thru into the trunk area. The rest of the trim snap off the plastic retainers that slide onto the trim studs that are welded to the roof. Jerry

How to get the trim off! The rear corner

pot-metal trin has a stud that bolts thru into the trunk area. The rest of the trim snap off the plastic retainers that slide onto the trim studs that are welded to the roof. Jerry