alternator compatibility round 2

2 cents

okay if you see my previous post I'm having a new problem. after connecting everything the way that the link had showed me my alternator gets hot when everything is connected. anybody have any ideas? I followed the diagram exactly.

Sorry to be such a pain in the b*** but I think that I did everything correctly I just don't know what to do at this point.

I am kind of lost here. In your first post you stated the voltage regulator was mounted on the A/C box. I never saw one mounted there. You may be jumping out the a/c relay? I could be wrong but I thought all 72's had an internal voltage regulator for the alternator.

and this site right here shows an alternator conversion but from what I can tell from the original diagram the jumper wire goes to the opposite post what do you guys think

alternator conversion link number 2

if you look close, it is the same terminal on this site as the one Sam showed you. make sure you're looking at the alternator correctly.

thanh

I am kind of lost here. In your first post you stated the voltage regulator was mounted on the A/C box. I never saw one mounted there. You may be jumping out the a/c relay? I could be wrong but I thought all 72's had an internal voltage regulator for the alternator.

My 72 actually has an external regulator. I found out when I took my alternator in to be rebuilt.

Yes. I know a little bit about cars. But not alot.the last post of 'alternator compatibility ?' I stated I found the regulator behind the vacuum canister on the coresupport. After calling the manufacturer today my mistake was using the jumper wire. There were no instructions on converting a system. They assume it is sold as a replacement for a system which has already been converted. Instructions on conversion come in the 'conversion kit' sold separately. Thanks to everyone who helped!