Rear bumper removal and installation

Does anyone know how to remove a 1972 rear bumper and put on a replacement? I cant figure it out. It seems like all the bolts are impossible to reach....any help would be greatly appreciated!

Howdy Neighbor

look inside the trunk . on each side of the latch point . you should see 2 bolts on the flat area just inside the trunk . in behind the license plate there are 2 bolts . and under the rear of car just about below where the bolts are in the trunk , is another set of 2 bolts per side . with these bolts removed ( dont forget to unhook the tag light wires )the bumper should come off . the brackets will remain on the bumper. when its off the car you can remove the brackets to install on replacement .

that should cover it .if missed a point i am sure someone will note it for you .

mike

Also, don't forget to disconnect the backup light wires or remove the backup lights. Grease mentioned the plate light and that is what made me think of the backup lights.

Rob

------------------

To access my website click on the picture or link below.

images...

My Two Girls

http://www.cardomain.com/id/robsmodelamonte

Go Car or Show Car, it doesn't matter, you are welcome here

I am almost done its just the two bolts behind the license plate will not come off......I guess I might have to get them welded or cut off.....I Might try some WD40 to them loose

PB BLASTER . i have found that to be very effective at helping break loose stuck/rusty bolts . its in an aerosol can . should be in most auto parts stores . i like it better than WD40 or CRC556

mike