Full Suspension Parts and Price List

So I would like to start a post, about everything regarding my suspension. I will go about editing it to include more information and making any corrections or adjustments. But this post is going to be my suspension project post. I'll take you guys through my full process of rebuilding my whole suspension and all the suspension mods that will be taking place as well as including a parts and price list in this original post so that if anyone else decides they like the look, or feel of my car, they can see exactly what I have, and how I put it in.

Essentially this is how I would like my suspension, slight lift in the rear to make it look more aggressive, or for drag racing. And a secondary frame airbag suspension in the rear, in case I ever need to tow anything.

So far, here ar the suspension categories I know. Please please please if I'm missing something feel free to write the part that I'm missing so I can do the research. Or if there are any parts you recommmend for this type of set up, go ahead and post it.

Chassis Air Bags:

$400

http://www.airbagit.com/Chassis-Tech-towing-kits-p/towkit-c4500.htm

Sway Bars:

Shocks/Springs:

I know I've probably missed quite a few categories so feel free to correct me. And thanks for all of your guys's help. I love the idea of every member here taking part in the creation process of my car.

Essentially this is how I would like my suspension, slight lift in the rear to make it look more aggressive, or for drag racing. And a secondary frame airbag suspension in the rear, in case I ever need to tow anything.

Hey, Michael,

Have you considered the Air Lift 1000 set up for your rear coil springs? For under $100 (possibly including tax and shipping), you can probably satisfy your stated objectives above. Unless you can find or have constructed a Class 2 frame hitch for your Monte, I doubt you will need the heavy duty towing set up you identified in your initial post. On the other hand, if that's what you really want and money's no object, go for it.

I installed the Air Lift 1000 system on my 4-speed car three years ago and have been very pleased with it. While I haven't done any towing or drag racing with it, I have experimented with the air pressure levels in the individual bags to get the ride height/stance and handling I prefer.

When I was running 245-60s all around, I used 25 psi to get a slight rake.

P1010357T.jpg

When I switched to 275-60s on the rear and 255-60s on the front, I dropped it to 15 psi in the Air Lift bags to get the stance I wanted. Lots of possibilities ...

P3030169.jpg

Following are links to the Air Lift site and lots of eBay sellers of the Air Lift 1000 kit if you are interested in checking it out.

Air Lift company site

Air Lift 1000 kits on eBay

Micheal those air system you posted are more for trucks or a leaf spring setup not the coil springs our cars have. Have you looked at ride tech for their air ride system? Depending on what you plan on towing the Monte will not weight enough to pull something heavy. For the look your after you can get away with using a different coil spring in the rear with a air bag in the coil, and use a short coil in the front. BMR http://www.bmrsuspension.com/ makes good kits a few members here has used their parts on their cars. I've noticed with a friends Monte with a taller coil spring in the rear, the rear will bounce and lose traction vs a car with stock height or a lower height car.

@monte70car, the bounce is considering an empty trunk. On an average day I have about 75 lbs worth of tools in my trunk (harbor freight 301 piece socket set, approx 50lbs + all my power tools) and the 2 15in t2 subs and box weigh about 125lbs so that's 200lbs in my trunk. And sand bagging the trunk while drag racing isn't that hard to do.

@mcfan, no I haven't considered those, but will seriously consider it. And on average I tow anything between 1000-10000lbs (I towed my grandpas truck, 5000lbs stock, and approx 5-10k worth of avocados) I towed his truck approximately 45 miles back home. Was a bit challenging and I could totally use more torque and horsepower, but that's later. So yea, the option of being able to tow easily would be great.

@ripleydale, yea ill definitely take a look at the bushings, and ill add that in. Which is better? Poly or rubber?