Street Demon Carburetor

AndyBill402

Has anyone installed the new Demon carburetor called the Street Demon? It has an unusual shape and one model even comes with a phenolic fuel bowl. It's advertised to fit either a square bore or spread bore intake. I've been a Q'jet guy from Day 1, but I think this new carburetor may have potential. I would be grateful to hear any feedback, and how well it hooks up to a stock 350 on a 71 Monte. Thank you one and all.

looks like a cross between an old carter AVS and a Qjet. I was looking at the installation instructions and it says you may need a spacer on some manifolds, It probably is because of the single throttle plate design of the secondaries. I am not a fan of adapter type spacers.

I am not familiar with that model, but I have had great results with the demon carb I have. I have also seen a friend mess around with his so much that he almost threw it in the woods--literally. I am not sure what the deal was with his--it is likely his own doing I think. I say get a square bore intake and a good old holley 600 vacuum secondary carb.

• 7 months later...

Found this so thought I would chime in here (little late maybe!!)

I have this Street Demon carb now on my 383 Stroker that I have a Edelbrock Air Gap Performer Intake on it.

This thing out of the box was a plug n play operation. I mean no tuning no adjustments and it just RAN!!! It works quite well IMO. I was told to go with a Holly 750 etc etc. Well I saw the numbers on this one and some decent reviews. I liked the Google valve idea and the Air Gap already had some space for it. I wanted a decent street carb that can run on Pump gas and give some decent performance and some economy as well. This one seems to deliver it!

Also has the Polimer fuel bowl to keep fuel temps about 20 degrees cooler and helps since I am forced to run ethanol watered down fuel here (except the ubber expensive Premium SHELL ULTRA.

I have a few tweaks to do once I get my new Mufflers installed now next week...been running it for a couple weeks without doing anything to see where and what I want to adjust. It just seems to work!!!

I like it better then the Edelbrock carbs and the Holley. It seems to have some of the benefits of the Q Jets which is sitting on my garage floor now) and none of the down side (so far time will tell).

When they say you can run it out of the box I believe it...also if you are just swapping out say an Edelbrock or Holley I think the 30 min swap time is very doable and well worth the time (again my opinion).

I also like being different.....everyone one runs a holley or edelbrock carb. This from what I have also read is not like the OLD Demon carbs some maybe lumping it with....

Take it on it's own merits...I am happy with my choice nuff said.

Scott