Coolant Leak

Xxyyzz

New radiator installed. Super easy and straight forward.

I havent refilled the new one yet. Now normally when I burp a radiator I fill up the radiator, start the car and keep filling it as it goes down. Then I let run for 30 minutes to make sure it burps everything up.

My question is with a fan that doesn't work so well at idle is there any special technique to burping this car?

-Mark

is there any special technique to burping this car?

-Mark

Have you tried throwing it over your left shoulder and patting the roof with your right hand? grin

Originally Posted By: cardude720
is there any special technique to burping this car?

-Mark

Have you tried throwing it over your left shoulder and patting the roof with your right hand? grin

kicking I can't take Dennis, good one! kickingkicking

turning your heater on "hot" will help, this will pull most of the air into the heater core and pushing it back to the waterpump and back to the radiator, feeling the upper radiator hose will give you a clue to when the thermostat opens, it will get hot

I would leave it down about 6" as it is coming up to temp. The level will move that much as the thermostat is getting ready to open. You will see the coolant flowing when the stat opens up

I cant leave you guys alone for 5 minites! Hahahha! Anyways my heater is bypassed right now so cant run that. How would I know its 6 inches down? I can only see when it reaches the neck.

-Mark

Just my luck.... Filled up the radiator and went to burp it and the new lower hose from autozone had a crack and was leaking! Luckily they are giving me a new one along with 3 jugs of coolant. Only a few hours lost smile

-Mark