Several Questions As I Re-assemble My Snowball

Will

Alright, pans will be done by the end of next week. So Im shopping for carpet and seat covers. Going to ACC for carpet and Cars Inc for covers. Although 700 for front and rear cloth is not what I thought I would pay. haha. Some random questions that have been bouncing around in my head. Opinions welcomed...

My flywheel has a 6 inch section thats chewed half the teeth.

[img:left]2013-02-16_07-50-35_641_zps36c58e7b.jpg[/img]

SCAT 454 flex plate and summit pro torque mini starter rated for 153 and 168 tooth plates. Im not using any shims, would that cause the damage? Should I just replace the plate while the motor is out?

What are your recommendations for an external trans cooler? Feelings on the inline? If your running one where did you mount it?

I was going to upgrade to ARP bell housing bolts to help prevent cracking through the entire bell housing again. Any experience with the stud kits? They are kinda pricey but are they worth it?

Trying to free up cash to upgrade to a 1000cfm carb. Was thinking Bigs or Pro Form. Currently have quickfuel and she has never really run right. Opinions on each?

Thanks for all the input guys.

replace the flexplate, I've had two Quickfuel carbs and both worked flawlessly, sure something else isn't causing your running issues? I would go with Pro-systems, they are awesome carbs

although ARP stuff is very good, just go to the hardware store and get some grade 8 bolts and new lock washers, I always use blue loctite on bellhousing bolts and flexplate bolts, torque converter bolts too! that damage was probably caused from the starter

after looking at the legendary covers and seeing my CARS covers, I would go with the Legendary stuff next time....hands down!!!

Alright, pans will be done by the end of next week. So Im shopping for carpet and seat covers. Going to ACC for carpet and Cars Inc for covers. Although 700 for front and rear cloth is not what I thought I would pay. haha. Some random questions that have been bouncing around in my head. Opinions welcomed...

My flywheel has a 6 inch section thats chewed half the teeth.

[img:left]2013-02-16_07-50-35_641_zps36c58e7b.jpg[/img]

SCAT 454 flex plate and summit pro torque mini starter rated for 153 and 168 tooth plates. Im not using any shims, would that cause the damage? Should I just replace the plate while the motor is out?

What are your recommendations for an external trans cooler? Feelings on the inline? If your running one where did you mount it?

I was going to upgrade to ARP bell housing bolts to help prevent cracking through the entire bell housing again. Any experience with the stud kits? They are kinda pricey but are they worth it?

Trying to free up cash to upgrade to a 1000cfm carb. Was thinking Bigs or Pro Form. Currently have quickfuel and she has never really run right. Opinions on each?

Thanks for all the input guys.

yes....you need to shim it for correct engagement....most good starters will come with instructions on how to do that. If your starter didn't then try going tot he MSD site and look at the instructions for their starters....