Belt Moldings

I picked up a set of the wide belt moldings from a fellow member since I am redoing my 72. I stated to install then and when I cranked the window up the was a very loud screeching sound. After checking I found that the window was rubbing very hard against the stops that keep the window from hitting the inside of the door. Took the molding back off and looked it over and the only thing I can see is when looking at the end of the molding it looks like a "V" and to me it looks like it should look more like and "L" but not at a complete 90 degree angle. Is there a trick to installing these or am I missing something.

Larry you may need to push the top of belt molding out at top of door to get more of a 90 back into it. They get really hot in the polishing process & sometimes the metal moves & closes the 90 up thus creating the V your talking about. I believe they should be more of a L shape or more 90 degree to fit better & give you more clearance on window, hope this helps.

Thanks Cory that is what I thunked but wanted to check before modifying anything. Had to call Leo today as my new side moldings were not fitting around the front running lights correctly. He told me there should be about a 1/4" offset for the light to set into. My fenders do not have that but the quarters do. I may have to do some fancy engineering to get that problem fixed. I do not want to have to redo the fenders after it has been painted, rubbed out and polished. It is standing tall so I should be able to come up with a solution to that problem I hope.