Ran into a problem

stickshift

Hello FGMCC, After a couple of years I finally finished my 60 over 454. The guys at the machine shop hooked it up to the dyno, fired it up and discovered that the block had a crack in it near the bottom just below where the cam goes. Now I am on the hunt for a 454 block so that we can get back on course. I have checked with a few local drag racers and the ones who have 454 blocks are not willing to part with them. I have checked a few salvage yards but have not had any luck yet.May have to go to the Jegs or Summit book. Any suggestions guys?

I agree with mike why didnt the Machine shop find the crack when they checked the block... thats one of the first things you do is hot tank block then check it for cracks.I hope the machine shop is going to help you out on this.Sorry to hear

I found another 454 block for $375. Gonna make sure they pressure test this one first. Still cant believe they didn't pressure test the other one. I will keep you guys posted.