Is 33 spline upgrade worth it?

201fireman

I am putting a new posi in and am wondering if upgrading to 33 spline axles would be worth it? Also, why can I not find any 33 spline axles for a 72 on sites like Summit Racing, Jegs, etc.? Does anyone know a part number for some that would work?

If you plan on drag racing I would recommend the 33 spline upgrade. If you are making stupid power 35 spline. I have 33 spline Moser bolt in axles with an Eaton Tru Trac. Holding up well so far.

David

I agree with David.

If you plan on drag racing I would recommend the 33 spline upgrade. If you are making stupid power 35 spline. I have 33 spline Moser bolt in axles with an Eaton Tru Trac. Holding up well so far.

David

I am putting a new posi in and am wondering if upgrading to 33 spline axles would be worth it? Also, why can I not find any 33 spline axles for a 72 on sites like Summit Racing, Jegs, etc.? Does anyone know a part number for some that would work?

let me know what you need..I can put it together for you... wink

12 bolt??

Stock it is a 12 bolt, 2:73 open rear end. I have an Eaton Truetrac for a 33 spline and Richmond 3:55 gears. I just need some reasonable axles. I will not be pushing gobs of horsepower so reasonable is the key. I don't want to go overboard for no reason.