Drag radials

Andy Gargagliano

Looking at a set of brand new Goodyear SS drag radials on craigs list.Says he paid 400.00 for pair and is selling for 250.00.Sounds like a good deal.Size is 295/55/15.Would these fit on my 72 Monte and if so what width rim would i need. Thanks Andy.

Looking at a set of brand new Goodyear SS drag radials on craigs list.Says he paid 400.00 for pair and is selling for 250.00.Sounds like a good deal.Size is 295/55/15.Would these fit on my 72 Monte and if so what width rim would i need. Thanks Andy.

Are you sure you have the size listed correctly? I can not find that size in a Goodyear brand. Mickey Thompson has them listed for $235 "each", the Goodyears would be worth it if they are truly new.

Originally Posted By: Mom's Car
8" with a 5" back space. I trimmed for a prior tire and there is plenty of room.

I agree except the part about plenty of room...I think it will be close but will fit if your rear is properly centered.

Tires sold before i could get to them. I would like to buy a set of drag radials for my 72 monte.What size tire would be the best fit for my monte with no clearence issues?Car will be driven mostly on the street around town only on nice days.Tires on there now are 255/60/15 with no problem. Thanks.

Most members that run a bigger tire and rim combo fit a P275/60/15 on an 8 inch rim with 5 inch backspace with no problem. Mickey Thompson ET Street Drag Radials seem to be the tire of choice. There is supposedly a new compound that bites better. They are DOT approved, but for dry pavement use only. If you go to the Mickey Thompson website, I believe there is a $50 dollar rebate too, from April 1, 2013 until June 30, 2013.

That new compound may say DOT...but it is intended for track use only. They have a drag racing class based around the 275/60r15 "DOT" and those tires are produced to be the closest thing to a slick and still fit within the rules. Not recommended for street use. The "old style" would be better suited for street use, but still wouldn't want to be caught in the rain with them lol

Jim is right! To quote the Micky Thompson website "All Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial Pro tires are designed for drag racing use only. NOT FOR STREET USE." The standard ET Street Radial would be the way to go. Just don't get them wet!

Correction on my part. As Mike had said, ET Street Radial is DOT approved, not the new ET Street Radial Pro. Please check the Mickey Thompson website for reference.

From their website.....

"All Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial Pro tires are designed for drag racing use only. NOT FOR STREET USE.

"

And the ET Street radial "All Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial tires are designed for drag racing use. While Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial tires meet Department of Transportation requirements for marking and performance, they are recommended for DRY PAVEMENT USE ONLY."