Installing new radio?

Murphy

Hey guys & gals, installing a new RetroSound radio today and realized I need a constant 12v to this unit to save memory functions & clock. Is there a place on the fuse block or do I need to go to the battery??

If you don't have a spot left in your fuse block they make a metal tab you can install at a fuse and take power from there.

Or like in the old days they would pry out the fuse, shove the wire under it and pop it back in place. Saw that many times. lol

If you don't have a spot left in your fuse block they make a metal tab you can install at a fuse and take power from there.

Or like in the old days they would pry out the fuse, shove the wire under it and pop it back in place. Saw that many times. lol

Yeah, thats usually followed by wrapping the fuse in tin foil due to it constantly blowing kicking

Boy, I dont know how any of my cars never burnt up!

New radio is installed along with new rear speakers. Having issue with front speakers(2) working but will most likely replace them. Are most of you happy with the windshield antenna? Had to resolder the connection at the windshield, been looking into options other than a mast style antenna cause I prefer the clean look of no antenna..........

I will try and remember to get a pix tomorrow. I had to take it back to the body shop for a minor repair. A place on the right quarter panel about the size of a quarter raised up. They are going to disassemble the quarter extension and remove the rear bumper to see what is causing the problem. Nothing major but it is not right and they are fixing it.